Lough Glynn House is an extensive building comprising house, church, school and out buildings. It overlooks an artificial lake and is surrounded by a demense.
In 1903 the estate was sold to the church. A convent was opened, teaching young women Home Economics. The sisters established a dairy and Lough Glynn butter and cheese was famous all over the world.
In the 1970's a nursing home was opened for retired Sisters of the convent. Later on the nursing home took on other patients.
|Photograph from loughglynn.blogspot.ie|
The church was built in the 1960's.
More photos on Flickr
There are more photos to view on Magnum Lady Blog.
Click here for more information about Lough Glynn House.